You draw lines, shape boxes, and try to decide which ones fit you best. But have you ever stepped outside the line and think, how much further would you dare to go? People who are openly queer call this coming out of the closet. We close ourselves, cage our hearts, and throw away the key. For this issue, we are daring you to come out with us.
Once again, trust us with your submissions. We ask you to go over the boundaries of gender, race, norms, and clichés.
We want your roars for human dignity. Colors of explosions and madness, and words that ignite our passion for equality.
Give us your poetry, your essays, your stories, your art, and your music in their most rebellious forms. Color our worlds queer in the way punk personified anarchy.
Cross borderlines on tightropes. Shrug off oppression. Do away with social conventions. Put stereotypes aside forever, never again to be worn by anyone.
- All works must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Each contributor may submit 3 works ONLY from each category. That means you may submit 3 literary works, 3 artworks, and 3 musical pieces, but no more than that.
- The EIC’s laptop is Buddhist, so aside from attaching text submissions, kindly paste the contents of your piece(s) to the body of your e-mail.
- Submit literary pieces in English or Filipino. We do not have the capacity to read and/or translate foreign languages as well as local dialects at the moment. Works should not exceed 500 words.
- Submit artworks in JPEG format. We accept both colored and black or white art, but please be reminded that PMP will only have a colored cover, the rest of the zine will be in black and white.
- Submit sounds in MP3 format. Add a short description of each track in two to three sentences.
- If your piece is inspired by an artist/work, please indicate the artist/work from which your piece sprang from.
- PMP religiously follows the process of selecting and editing. We stand by our editors’ decisions.
- For updates, just check the Paper Monster Press Facebook page (www.facebook.com/papermonsterpress)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: September 30, 2011
Now, there are no standards, no boundaries. We’ll make our love on wastelands and through the barricades.